At Hawkeswood Metal Recycling we are happy to purchase all grades of scrap brass from you, including everything from new brass cuts, rod brass and mixed brass to brass rod borings, brass borings and brass radiators.
Brass remains one of our most popular scrap metals and we do our best to provide our customers with the most competitive prices on the day they enquire as values tend to fluctuate by the day – and sometimes the hour!
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT RECYCLING BRASS
Making brass from just new copper and zinc is highly uneconomical and a real waste of raw materials; particularly if there’s enough scrap brass available for recycling. In the UK, brass manufacturers use virtually 100 percent brass scrap to create their products and components.
Brass is not just a solitary composition. It’s made up of alloys of copper and zinc ranging from five to 40 per cent in quantities. Furthermore, smaller amounts of other alloying elements are included to give improved properties, including:
- Aluminium – to improve resistance to corrosion
- Manganese, iron, tin and aluminium – to improve overall durability
- Lead – to improve machinability
Mixed brass, Rod swarf, No.2 Brass swarf, Brass/Cu Radiators
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/scrapme9/public_html/dev/wp-content/plugins/ultimate-responsive-image-slider/layout.php on line 17
Brass is available in a range of attractive colours and can be easily shaped for a plethora of applications and furnishings. Brasses also have a host of other useful properties, including:
- High electrical conductivity – very useful properties given that brass is used for the pins in a 13-amp plug.
- High thermal conductivity – extremely useful for instances when heat needs to be removed efficiently (take car radiators for example!)
- Impressive strength – this durability makes brass very useful for security products i.e. door locks which must resist bending.
With most brass products, at the end of their useful life they will be available for recycling. Here are some of the possible brass items you might have in your own home capable of being sold on to us for scrap:
- Letter boxes
- And many more items